Crew for a Cause is the company responsible for your personal data (the “data controller”).
We have a privacy team which is responsible for personal data. If you have any questions or if you wish to exercise your legal rights please contact us using the details below:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This version was last updated on 3 May 2018. Sometimes we may make changes to this policy reflect how we process your data. If those changes are important, we will make this clear on our website, or by other means such as email.
We may collect, use, store and/or transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity data: includes name, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers
- Financial data: includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction data: includes details about your order history and payments
- Technical data: includes IP address browser, time zone setting, computer location, data on the connection of you to the Website, and operating system
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us
We also collect, use and share information that cannot be used to identify you. If we combine or connect this with your personal data so that it can identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this policy.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data, for example your race, ethnicity or religious beliefs.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product order but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: you may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or corresponding with us. This includes information you provide when you:
- Search for or purchase a Product
- Register to receive marketing
- Participate in competitions, reviews, feedback, contests, promotions or other social functions
- Create an account
- Contact us
- Automated interactions: as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Please Contact us if you need further details.
We use your personal data in a number of different ways, and only when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use personal data:
- Where we need to perform a contract with you.
- Where it is necessary for us to run our business (our “legitimate interests”).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you consent to us doing so. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
We have set out below in more detail a description of all the ways we use personal data, and the reasons why we do so. There may be times where there is more than one reason why we are using your data. Please Contact us if you need details about the specific reason we are relying on to process your personal data.
|Purpose||Type of data||Why?|
|To register you as a new customer||IdentityContact||So that we can perform a contract with you (to process your registration or purchases, grant you access to services, process any requests)|
|To take payments, give refunds, deliver your order and provide customer service||IdentityContactFinancialTransactionMarketing and Communications||So that we can perform a contract with you (to provide you with customer service, handle returns)So that we can run our business (to train our staff)|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
|IdentityContactProfileMarketing and Communications||So that we can perform a contract with youSo that we can comply with our legal obligationsSo that we can run our business (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products)|
|To enable you to take part in a competition, complete a survey or find out what you like||IdentityContactProfileUsageMarketing and Communications||So that we can perform a contract withSo that we can run our business (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and give you what you want)|
|To enable you to register an account with us and participate in online activities such as reviews, testimonials and endorsements||IdentityContactProfileUsageMarketing and Communications||So that we can run our business (to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and give you what you want)|
|To run, improve and protect our business and this website and to prevent and detect fraud||IdentityContactTechnical||So that we can run our business (to protect our website and IT, prevent fraud against you or us, and in the context of a business reorganisation)So that we can comply with our legal obligations|
|To personalise our website for you||IdentityContactProfileUsageMarketing and CommunicationsTechnical||So that we can run our businessto ensure that our site is presented in the best way for you and your device,to improve your customer experienceFor non-customers who sign up to our newsletter: Consent|
|To show adverts to you and make recommendations for you||IdentityContactProfileUsageMarketing and CommunicationsTechnical||So that we can run our businessto improve your customer experience,to let you see our latest products and deals,to study how customers use our services,to grow our business and inform our marketing strategyIn certain circumstances, such as where you are not a customer of shopshoes.co.za but have signed up to receive our newsletters, we rely on your consent|
We try to give you choices around marketing and advertising. You can stop receiving these messages at any time by following the unsubscribe link in a promotional email, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you opt out of receiving these messages, this will not apply to personal data provided because of a product purchase. Bear in mind it might take a few days while we process your request.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not sell your data – we are committed to respecting your privacy.
However we may have to share your personal data with some companies where it is an essential part of providing our services, as set out below:
- Companies in the FitFlop group: Sometimes different companies in our group are responsible for different activities
- IT service providers and web developers: These help us run our business
- Payment processors: These provide payment services
- Customs, regulators, fraud prevention, law enforcement agencies and other governmental authorities: These help protect you and our business
- Shipping and warehousing providers: These get your purchases to you
- Customer service agencies: These help us monitor and improve our website, online experience, products or services
- Promotional service providers: These provide promotional services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers based: These provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- Companies approved by you: These include social media sites
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you are under 13, please do not send any information to us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information.
If you are under 18 but over 13, please make sure you ask your parents or guardians for permission before sending any information to us.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to a ‘need to know’ basis. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our Website.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we have no control over the public network through which personal information may be sent to our website. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Ordering online using your credit card details can be just as safe as ordering goods over the telephone. Where we have one, our Website will display any issued Secure Server Digital Certificate by a relevant online Certification Authority such as VeriSign.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
We always consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk unauthorised use of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
You have rights relating to your personal data. These may include a right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent
- Complain to your regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Some of these rights (such as the right to withdraw consent) can be exercised by clicking links we provide in messages. Others (such as the right to request correction of your data) can be exercised by amending details on your profile.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com and clearly explain the information you are requesting.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.